Today was another "bonus" pottery day, as I went into the studio on a Sunday afternoon. It was a rainy day, so I guess a lot of other people had the same idea. All wheels were taken, and a couple of people were turned away, since there was no more room.
I had in mind to throw a few items from WSO / sculptural clay, for my raku one-day course in March, and then rework and revive some odd bags of clay which I had in the garage for too long. But when I got there, I realized I should tackle the old clay first, since it may need some time to either soften or firm up. So I started dumping bags of clay onto the table, and wedging.
I ended up mixing together P570 white clay, H550 grey clay, Willamette Yellow clay, and a little bit of brownish clay (I think it had some brown slip which I had trimmed or something like that). The result was pretty pleasing. I made these 6 vessels :
I guess I'll be busy trimming these 7 pieces on Wednesday.