Monday, February 20, 2017

First Batch of Finished Items from Spring Ahead Course

I was expecting to pick up my first batch of finished pieces on Wednesday, when I go for my class, but tonight I passed by the studio to take my son to soccer practice, and realized that I could go in and pick up my pieces.  Sure enough, the kiln had been unloaded, so I hauled a number of them home tonight.

The lighting was not good to take photos, but I took a few anyhow.  When I get a chance (probably on the weekend), I'll need to take better photos, especially if I can find some natural light.

First of all, there is my old grizzled dragon mask :

Then there were a series of sodium silicate vessels, and pieces for my totem :

A closer look :

...and a different angle :
Overall, I'm pretty pleased with the results.  Some are quite good, others were not at all what I was trying for, with the glazes.  Especially the shinos.  They really misbehaved this time.  But it's all good, and I'm thankful for the opportunity to experiment and learn more each time.  That's really what it's all about.

No comments:

Post a Comment