Wednesday, July 11, 2018

Focused Workshop Sessions

I am so happy to be back in the studio for July, as June and August the studio is closed.  Since I'm not in a class, I have only 4 hour workshops on Wednesday and Sunday.  So I have been very focused during those times, making as much as I can, as my head it exploding with ideas of things I want to try.

I have been trying to make items suitable for the horsehair raku workshop in September, but I keep getting distracted by other ideas.  Sunday I threw, trimmed and added pedestals to 3 plates, along with throwing a nice little vase, and an egg, both of which would be suitable for the horsehair raku firing.

Today I decorated all 3 footed plates, with a seashell design, trimmed the little vase, and then made another bowl with 3 feet by draping a textured slab over one of my hump molds.

Here are the 3 pedestal plates before decorating :

...and after decorating :

One by one :

...and that slumped bowl, which I haven't turned over yet :


No comments:

Post a Comment