Thursday, May 17, 2018

Some Sweet Pieces Find a New Home

I sold a few pieces recently.  So bittersweet to let them go, since both of them were favourites of mine.

This octopus trinket box, I had told myself - and my son - that I didn't plan to sell it at all.  But a friend from my pottery class asked for it for her nephew.  I am trying to learn the discipline of travelling light in this world (my instinct is to be a hoarder, and keep everything), so in a moment of determination, I offered it to her, and she accepted.  I gave her a very good price, half of what I would have considered selling it for in a store, but then again, they usually only give you 50% - 70% of the sale price.  So in that way it was reasonable.

So I took a few photos of my octopus, and apologized to my son, who gave me the idea of the octopus originally, and also told me I had promised not to sell it.  I'm happy that he will be in a home where he will be appreciated.  Not that he's not appreciated here, but I really do have a LOT of pottery already in the house, and much more on the way.

This is a weird angle, but kinda fun.

The other piece I let go was my little sugar skull from a workshop with David Robinson.  My good friend Roma wanted it, and she asked me early enough that I was able to ask her which glaze she wanted.  Her choice of Ash Yellow over the black slip and white clay was a great choice.  I'll use that one again.

Here are a couple more photos :
Good-bye sweet skull.  I have two more in progress, which I need to glaze and fire.  So hoping they will turn out as awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment