Saturday, May 5, 2018

Mickey and Minnie Platter

I don't think I ever posted the Mickey and Minnie platter I made for my sister, since I was keeping it a secret for Christmas.  So I'm posting a few now.

It was made from one of my styrofoam moulds and extruded rim and feet.  The handles were my from my imagination.

Here it is from the back :
I think the little Mickey and Minnie on the bottom are a cute finishing touch.

It may be dark in the photo, but it is B-Mix clay highlighted with black slip, and then sprayed Clear.

The Mickey and Minnie pattern was created with cookie presses, into which I brushed black slip (looking at it now, I should have watered it down a LOT), let it firm up, and then scraped it off.  The timing was tricky, as it needed to be dry enough to clean up these imprints, but also needed to be pliable enough to drape it over the styrofoam mould.

It now has a great home in my sister's house, surrounded by lots of other Disney stuff, including some Disney inspired pottery I've made previously.

No comments:

Post a Comment