Monday, January 9, 2017

Triangle Platter on Display

When I stopped in at Shadbolt Center before the holidays, to see if my final platter was ready for pick up, I discovered it in the display case outside Mathers House (the pottery studios).  At the time, the windows were foggy, so I wasn't able to get a good photo.  So when I passed by there recently, I snapped a few :


It is fun that it shares the shelf with that complicated two-piece sculpture created by that encouraging young man I mentioned in a prior post :

I seem to remember it was meant to represent a water tower.  And he was unsure whether the pieces would fit together well.  But it seems it turned out okay, and his many hours were rewarded not only with a nice piece to take home, but some public display time also.

No comments:

Post a Comment