Sunday, September 25, 2016

Dragon Hatchling

The ceramic egg which appeared on my counter a few days ago, hatched yesterday revealing a baby dragon.  She has a very huge head, it is a wonder how she fit in that egg.  :-)  She will be a wonderful companion to my previous dragon hatchlings : this one, and this one.

Dragon Hatchling pottery sculpture by Lily L, in progress.

Dragon Hatchling ceramic / clay sculpture by Lily L, in progress.
So much fun.  I can't wait to finish her.  There are some great raku glazes which would work, but I don't think I'd take a chance carrying her around on tongs.  The soda firing is the next best thing, there is that crackly Cobra glaze (see #10 of this set) which I would love to use on the egg.  But I don't have plans to do another soda firing until March 2017!

No comments:

Post a Comment