Wednesday, September 21, 2016

Another Egg About to Hatch

I had the pleasure to pass through the Mall today, running errands (renewing my driver's license, etc), and this stone dragon sculpture caught my eye:
It walked around it several times, admiring it from all angles.  In the end, it wasn't the price tag which discouraged me (although $2,500 is a lot to consider), nor the fact that it was so heavy that I couldn't even pick it up, nor even the too-white alabaster horns, which didn't seem to me to fit with the soapstone sculpture.  In the end, I couldn't imagine where I would display such a huge sculpture (22" across).  So I walked away after admiring it, glad that I had at least taken a few photos.

It wasn't until later that I realized that the real reason I should not buy such a thing, is that it would be much more fun to build something like this of my own, out of clay.  I could make it a bit smaller, so I could find a place to display it.  And it would be heavy, but not too heavy to lift.

So I guess that dragon lurked in my subconscious mind, since I suddenly found myself with this large ceramic egg in my hand tonight. 
I suspect it will hatch in the next couple of days, and I suspect it will reveal a dragon inside.  Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment