Saturday, December 19, 2015

Just a Few Clay Stamps

I am finally feeling ready for Christmas.  On the weekend, we got our tree (even if a small 6' to 7' one instead of our usual 12' to 14' beast), and even have lights on it.  I had some ladies in to help us clean the house today, my husband did his final (I hope!) Christmas shopping run, I've wrapped all the gifts, and I had the pleasure of listening to my two teens playing beautiful Christmas flute/sax duets together, in preparation for Christmas eve.

So I finally decided to indulge in a bit more playing with clay.  I didn't want to make a big mess, so I brought out my wooden board, and clay tools, and made some clay stamps :
The one on the bottom left, I got the idea somewhere on Pinterest, I think...  It is a flower on one side, and :
... a different design (in my case, a swirl), on the other side, and on the edges, it is a roller which makes lines and dots.  The round balls in the center are texture balls, which is something new for me.  The one on the very right is a first attempt at making a stamp / tool for creating dragon scales.  I'm not sure I have the shape right.  If I do, I'll follow it up with a few different sized ones.  If I don't, I'll just repeat until I get it right.  I could also try Fimo, it would be faster to see the results.  But I'm in no rush.  I'm not back in the studio until mid January.

No comments:

Post a Comment