Our teacher mentioned last week that he was going to demonstrate using sodium silicate to create a crackle effect. After watching a few You Tube videos on the topic, I was pretty excited to try it out. After trimming the 6 pieces from last week, I started throwing pieces and trying out the sodium silicate. After the second piece, I was hooked. Look at these beauties :
I was intending to finish one of my pieces as a round ball, to add to my totem, but I liked each of them so much, I finished them all as vases for now. But I hope to get back to trying out this technique in future. As do I hope to create more pieces for my totem.