Sunday, October 14, 2018

Some Photos of the Horsehair Raku Workshop

I posted a few of the items from the horsehair raku workshop, but what's exciting about the raku firings is not just the result, but the process.  So here are a few process shots of some of my pieces.

My small vase, getting smoked inside and on the bottom, and just about to start adding horsehair:
And then getting ferric chloride sprayed on it by Linda :

My cat getting horsehair applied:
And ferric chloride :
And cooling down :

My polar bear, just finished applying horsehair and sugar :
Still too hot to handle:

My lidded jar, which I haven't posted yet:

And the other 4 pieces, at the end of the workshop:

And a class photo, this is not even all the pieces we created.  They all turned out so beautifully :

No comments:

Post a Comment