Sunday, December 17, 2017

Finished Items from the Fall Session - Plates, Platters and Mugs

I've been pretty pleased with  some of my recent work.  If all goes well, I will pick up more today.

1) It seems one can never have enough platters.  I like how this one turned out.  It features imprints from my handmade stamps, on BMix clay, highlighted in Deep Blue, Matt Green and Tenmoku glazes, with a bit of Tenmoku glaze to highlight the texture of the rim and handles, and then sprayed all over with Celadon.  A really fine piece.

2) This was one of my plates thrown from the H440 brown clay, which ends up so very freckly.  I highlighted some of the imprints (again, from my handmade clay stamps) in White glaze, and then dipped it in White, overlapped with Clear.  A subtle and pleasant earth tone result, and so very very freckly.

3) This mug was thrown from approx 800g of the H440 brown clay.  It is finished with a touch of Black stain to highlight the celtic knot pattern, and then Bamboo inside and out, leaving the bottom portion unglazed to show the dark brown clay, and bottom with the pattern of the wiggle wire.

4) This mug is also thrown from 800g of H440 clay, and finished in the new Daly Blue glaze, with the bottom portion and wiggle wire bottom unglazed.  I like how the new glaze is quite flowy.  Although the bright blue is quite darkened and subdued by the dark clay.

5) This is what the Daly Blue looks like on a white clay, this one B-Mix.  It shows a pretty sky blue, with touches of lilac.  This little mug features handmade clay stamping, an extruded handle, and is finished in a White glaze along the profile at bottom (the profile tool borrowed from my fellow potter, Herb) and inside, and then the outside dipped in Daly Blue.  I love the little ring of purple and blue inside the rim of the mug, where the Daly Blue has overlapped the white.

6) Similar to (4), but smaller, with a little thumb button on the handle.  Sweet little mug.

I'll post a few more next time I have opportunity.

No comments:

Post a Comment